Saturday, September 15, 2007

TV

Things I am seeing at 2am on C-Span while syndicated TV is on commercial break.

At Friday's Pentagon briefing, held by Gen. Pace and Sec. Gates while seated at an oval shaped table capped of a week of Washington focusing almost solely on Iraq the General got hot at the end and went on a rant sort of about mission and good and evil in the world at battle. Gates quickly ended the event and almost pulled it of in a clean way because you could certainly argue it was time.
Seriously what are we going to do in Iraq. I mean other than win.

Also on Friday, Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez

Heads of FBI, DEA, ATF all praised him.
DEA chief Karen Tandy said he had kept the content of 9 sports stadiums worth of kids on drugs in his time.
Also some other white people with decent suits, over combed hair and important sounding titles. All of the people who spoke fell over themselves to praise the work person of Alberto Gonzalez. I was dumbfounded at this parade of lauding and glossy goodwill upon his farewell. All I have heard previously is how horrible the working conditions were for the professionals at Justice and
I must have been mistaken in my previous understanding of the contentious situation at the Justice Department, or maybe I just simply cannot recall the truth.

No comments: